Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Once the question has been asked and answered, there are so many things you and your partner need to do to have the best wedding that is perfect for the two of you. Luckily, there are ways to do it that will alleviate the stress of overspending. Continue reading to learn some creative ways to make it memorable.
Create a Budget
If money is a factor in how you plan the perfect wedding for you and your loved one, then you need to start by creating a budget. Consider your priorities as part of the process. Sit down with your partner and have an honest conversation about the following questions.
- How much do you have to spend on a wedding?
- How much do you want to spend on a wedding?
- Will your ideal wedding cause you to go into debt?
- If so, will it be worth it?
- Would you rather find ways to spend less money by being creative?
- Can you each rank which wedding-related items are important for you to spend more money on?
Once you both have answered these questions, continue the conversation until you are on the same page about what is most and least important to spend money on. After that, put pen to paper or make a spreadsheet with the categories and assigned budget. As you continue planning your wedding, use this spreadsheet to keep track of expenditures and stay on budget together.
Choose the Best Diamonds
Selecting the perfect diamond for your partner can be overwhelming in terms of choice and cost. You can quickly alleviate your stress and concerns by choosing from a selection of beautiful lab-grown diamonds.
Lab-grown diamonds are known for being more cost-effective but just as stunning as traditional ones. Lab-grown diamonds will help you stay on budget with engagement and wedding rings that will last a lifetime and sparkle forever.
Start by picking the stone size and cut. Look for something that will reflect your loved one’s unique style and personality. Next, select a ring style from a variety of options including shape and metal. Finally, consider whether you will want both an engagement ring and a wedding ring. If so, look for rings that nest or complement one another and will match your wedding ring.
Decorate in Style
Decorating for your wedding reception does not have to be a budget-breaking endeavor. Instead, source your decorative products from a dollar store or the discount section of a big box or craft store. There are lots of places you can find just what you are looking for in your local area or online.
Begin the process of decorating by perusing wedding trade shows, Pinterest boards, magazines, and websites. Take note of every idea that moves or inspires you. Pay special attention to the fonts, colors, and the tiniest details that make you smile.
With these ideas in mind, it is time to go shopping. If you find something you like, do not be deterred by a label or color if you like the overall product as you can always remove a label or paint a candlestick.
Watch this video for inspiration and DIY-savvy ideas you can create on a budget.
Pick the Dress
Your wedding dress may be something you have dreamt of since your childhood. Perhaps you have a vision of what it will look like and what you will feel like as you walk down the aisle. You can still have that special look and feel but forgo the exorbitant expense of a couture gown. Sure, you want to look a certain way but remember that you will only wear it for one day. Of course, the vision will live on in photos and videos forever, but you have options for making it financially feasible.
Instead of having a custom-made wedding gown that is one-of-a-kind but you will only wear once, you should consider buying off the rack. You can find already-made wedding dresses in-store or online. Look for your size or one size bigger than you usually wear and have it altered. This is a good way to save money if the dress is inexpensive.
An alternative is to rent your wedding dress. With this money-saving option, you can choose from a wide variety of dresses that would not fit your budget if you were to purchase them outright. Everything from runway looks to unique and hard-to-find styles will be available. Always read the fine print to ensure you are aware of all parameters of the rental agreement before signing on the dotted line.
Save Money on More Items
There are a multitude of things to check off your wedding planning list. Do not get overwhelmed or go over your budget. Instead, use some of these tips.
- Music – Hire an up-and-coming musician or group for cheap to save money and give them exposure.
- Food – Consider serving appetizers versus a sit-down meal to save money and allow for more guest movement and free-flowing conversations.
- Photographer – Ask your friend who has a knack for taking beautiful pictures to take your wedding photos. Give them a cash payment or gift card instead of paying too much for a professional.
- Videographer – Ask a different friend or family member to take a video of your wedding day. Make it even better by creating a list of questions they can interview your friends and family with for beautiful memories.
- Officiant- Ask a beloved family member to officiate your wedding. Offer to pay for their online license.
- Flowers – Instead of paying a florist to perfectly curate your floral arrangements, you can DIY the blooms. Bring your bridal party together for an afternoon of preparation and fun before the big day.
With these frugal and helpful tips in mind, you can go forth with confidence that your wedding will be as wonderful as you have always dreamed of. Remember that your partnership and a healthy relationship are the most important parts of your marriage. Do not let the frenzy of wedding planning and going over your budget ruin what should be a beautiful event. Stay on budget and keep your lines of communication open. Best wishes!